Sunday, June 22, 2014

Inquiry Learning - Post #6


My personal definition of Inquiry Learning and what it would entail at my school is described above in the Taxedo.com cloud that I created.

I plan on creating inquiry based mini-lessons using the topic of We Use What? - Effective Researching. The students at my school do not know how to properly research or cite a topic for projects, assignments, personal interest, etc. These are tools that they will use throughout the rest of the schooling or professional career. There are eight principles of inquiry based learning which include authenticity, deep understanding, performances of understanding, assessment, appropriate use of technology, connecting with experts, student success, ethical citizenship.

I created a brainstorm map using bubble.us for my inquiry based mini-lessons.
Mini-Lesson Brainstorm (attached link)








4 comments:

  1. Beth, I love how you used a Web 2.0 tool to share your thoughts on your mini lessons.-What a great idea. Your mind map displays very clearly how you will integrate each key principle of inquiry into your mini lessons. Your topic goes well with what we are learning in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to integrate technology by using it yourself!!! Great Job, I'm very impressed. I love the organization of the brainstorming map you created. It's a short and sweet way of getting your point across. I think you selected a great topic because of the difficulties today's students have with properly researching and citing resources. It is valuable knowledge that they will appreciate now, but will definitely use it more and more as they further their education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bubble.us is a really good tool. I didn't think to use it the way that you have here. The topic of your mini-lessons(Research) is very important right now. I feel that students are going to have to learn how to be great researchers in order to be successful in future studies. Technology and research go hand in hand so you are definitely on the right track with that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea for your mini-lessons! It is so true that knowing how to do research the right way is crucial to student success both now and in the future. I see it as a huge responsibility to teach students how to do it and even more importantly, to help them understand why they need to do it.

    ReplyDelete